Enjoy the waters alone or with a loved one with this Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible Inflatable Kayak. This is one of the best kayaks available for fun family outdoor adventure.
This 15-foot kayak could easily be transformed from a single paddling setup or for tandem paddling, all in a matter of seconds. This feature provides versatility in doing activities together with friends and family. It has built-in aluminum ribs that efficiently define the bow and the stern, thereby making tracking easy. It also features 3 layers of material that provides maximum resistance to punctures and other jagged edges. While on water, the adjustable padded seats provide the ultimate comfort to paddlers, making each ride an enjoyable one. And, setting up the kayak is a breeze. All that needs to be done is to unfold the kayak, inflate it, attaché the seats, and get ready for that awesome water adventure.
Product Features and Specifications:
- Reinforced stern and bow seams defined by built-in aluminum ribs
- Highly improved tracking
- Maximum puncture resistance feature made possible by three layers of materials
- Factory pre-assembled
- Adjustable, high support padded seats afford comfort even after hours of paddling
- Tough dual-coated fabric
- Versatility at the highest degree with three-seat configurations make solo or tandem paddling possible
- Taking important gear along is possible with the dry storage compartment and bungee deck lacing
- Specially designed inflation valves
- D-ring tie downs
- Low-profile rubber handles
- Paddle holders
- Easy to set up
- Kayak measures 15’ in length and 32” in width
- Weighs at 56 pounds
- Maximum carrying weight is 550 pounds
- Time needed to fully inflate is 35 minutes the first time and 20 minutes afterwards
- Deflation time, excluding drying, is 25 minutes
- 4-section bag holds the kayak, deck cover, seats and paddles
Consumer review rating for the Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible Inflatable Kayak is high. Most of those who got this particular kayak model are very happy with its usability and storability. They also said that even though the kayak is heavy, it gave them good tracking and faster speed, which is what they want, after all. Customers are also happy with the fact that this particular kayak model handled the wind, chop and tides exceedingly well. They are also very satisfied with the durability of the kayak’s materials. Customers also happily noted that the time it took them to inflate their kayak took almost the same time it took their friends to take out their hard shell kayak and accompanying gears from inside the car.
On the negative side, some of those who bought this kayak observed a couple of issues that they feel should be rightfully addressed. These issues were:
- The circumference of the tube located on the right side was significantly smaller than that on the left section.
- The kayak is too heavy.
- Difficult to launch for one person
On the whole, it is a great kayak that is suitable for the whole family. It is not too sleek for the beginner and not too wide for the seasoned kayaking enthusiast. Added to this, the ability of the kayak to accommodate two paddlers is something that would truly be an appealing prospect for a beginner. The weight of the kayak is not that much of a big deal to consumers, especially because the kayak, after all, can really give them what they wanted in the first place, and that is, good tracking and fast speed.